The Friends of the Muscatine Art Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization founded to support the Muscatine Art Center and its educational and outreach programs.
TThrough its membership drive, fundraising events, and grants, the Friends organization helps support two staff positions at the Muscatine Art Center – the Program Coordinator and the Registrar/Curator. The Friends organization provides critical funding for program development, studio class scholarships for students qualified for free or reduced lunch, busing for schools, and stipends for interns.
- Discounts on selected classes and workshops.
- Invitations to opening receptions.
- Advance notice of exhibitions, lectures, classes and workshops.
- Best of all, when you attend the Annual Ice Cream Social, an exhibition opening, or a program, you will have the satisfaction of knowing your membership helped to make it all possible.
- Membership contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law and are renewable annually. Your gift may be able to go farther – please check with your employer to find out if your company participates in a matching gift program.
Join Friends and become part of the team bringing arts and history programming to the Muscatine community!
The Friends organization is governed by a Board of Directors. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. at the Muscatine Art Center. Anyone interested in joining the Friends board should contact the Muscatine Art Center in advance to confirm the time and location of the meeting. Friends board members need not reside within the limits of the City of Muscatine.
The Friends board plans events such as the Annual Ice Cream Social (held the last Sunday in June), the Heartfelt & Handmade Ornament Competition (held in November and exhibited through December), Sunday with Santa (held the first Sunday in December), and Fundraising Night at Boonie’s.